Monday, May 26, 2008

Assignment #3 Colors

Our third assignment was themed as "Colors". Time for my trusty Nikon D40x, nikkor 18-135, extension tubes , table lamps, and DIY product table again!



First trial using jelly beans and sunflower seed chocolates




Jelly beans



Sunflower seeds (chocolate costed nuts) They are about
half an inch in length.




Combination on jelly beans and sunflower seeds



My final edition of jelly beans. I used the focusing in-out technique to get this
effect. You use a slow shutter and pre-focus on the subject.
Focus it in (Max focus) and click the shutter. Now while
waiting for the shutter to close you smoothly focus out until the shutter closes.
The jelly beans here were placed on top of a bond paper
on a glass table and I placed a table lamp under it and another one on top.
I won 2nd place here. :)

5 comments:

Jennifer Rinaldi said...

Some great experiments here on your blog!

Thank you so much for posting a link to my blog on yours - I'm flattered!

J.

Darlyn said...

hello.. its interesting blog...
I had my subject in photography as one of major in college (Photojournalism) unluckily one semester is not enough for me.. I 'm glad i can learn more things about photography through your blog..

keep updating... TGC

Joel said...

No problem Jen and Darlyn it's my pleasure to share my experiments and photos.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love that you are so resourceful -I try to explain to people that it doesn't take a fancy set up to create great lighting, it takes a good eye and some creativity.

Joel said...

Yup! You tend to be more creative when you don't have the budget! ;D

Google